Hemp fabric is a sustainable textile made of fibres of a very high-yielding crop.
What are the benefits of Hemp Fabric?
- Naturally anti bacterial and anti fungal
- Durable and long lasting
- Sustainable and renewable, high-yield crop
- Natural fiber
Shipping cost within Europe for orders above 80€ are free. If the order value is below 80€ a shipping cost of 11€ will be added to the price.
Normal delivery time within Europe is 3-8 working days. All deliveries are made with DHL. You will be provided with a tracking number once the order is shipped.
Prices and payments
All prices are including your local countries VAT. Your cart will display the total purchasing price including VAT, product cost and shipping cost if applicable.
Any additional customs duty and/or taxes are paid for by the receiver.
For more information see our shipping policy
These care and washing instructions are suitable for our hemp products. If you follow our washing recommendations, you will significantly extend the life of the products.
How to wash hemp products?
Washing hemp duvet, mattress protectors and pillow cases
- Preferably use an environmentally friendly detergent such as Almgren's washing soap, which you can find in our store. Do not use particle based detergent as they will ruin your hemp duvet, instead use a liquid detergent.
- These hemp products need lots of space and water. Therefore, wash the hemp duvet and mattress protectors individually.
- Machine wash up to 30C/86F, gentle cycle
- Do not use fabric softener and bleach
- Do not tumble dry
- Do not dry clean
- Hemp is a natural material that is self-cleaning. This means that you can let your products air out and thus wash them more seldom.
Washing hemp fur comforter and pillow cases
- Only dry clean
Flax consists of fiber bundles, where the individual fibers look like small tubes. Hemp absorbs water to almost 60% of its weight and swells by about 30%. During the swelling, these cavities increase. Solid materials from the detergent can now be rinsed into these. When the hemp then dries and the fibers thereby shrink, and the solid material is locked in. Through each wash, new particles enter the fibers. As it dries, the fibers shrink and the voids narrow again. As the trapped particles do not shrink, they burst the pipes. The fabric then becomes brittle and eventually dissolves.
How to dry hemp duvet, mattress protectors and pillow cases?
- Do not tumble dry
- Let them dry flat
- It is also good to shake them from time to time so that the filling does not clump together.